Our teacher training programs are based on our AI Curriculum material modules. Participants do not need to have a background or understanding of coding, but we expect having general pedagogical competences and practical teaching experience of the age group.
All training participants first take a course on 21st Century Coding Pedagogy, which gives a solid foundation on Code School Finland’s pedagogy and educational design, on the teacher’s role in facilitating students learning and on the assessment mechanism built in the AI Curriculum.
From there on, training participants select training suitable for their current subject knowledge level.
- Positive attitude towards digital devices and project work with children.
- Willingness to work long-term on technology-oriented projects with the students.
- Understanding project-based learning.
- No prior programming experience required.
- Some experience on programming in a visual environment
- Easy facilitation of project-based learning.
- Have completed at least two of the preceding modules from AI Curriculum.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience on programming in a visual environment
- Skills to program independently by using resources.
- Have completed at least two intermediate modules from AI Curriculum.
We also offer custom training programs designed and implemented to your exact requirements. Please contact email@example.com for enquiries.
Our training programs are available as on-site (classroom) training, online training and online self-study courses. Typically our customers combine different forms of training for effective professional development.